How to measure relative compression
Connection of a current clamp is optional to measure the relative compression.
The rest of the ElPower script functionality will be available only with a current clamp.
The connection procedure here is similar to the standard . But an additional requirement
is added: it is necessary to create conditions in which the engine will not start when cranking with the starter (as in the classic compression measurement). In this case, one of the two methods outlined below should be adhered to.
Simplified procedure (measuring only relative compression)
In addition to checking the relative compression in the engine cylinders, a simplified procedure also allows you to check the starting and charging system of the car, with the exception of the alternator.
Advanced procedure for measuring relative compression
- Stop the engine from starting by disconnecting the fuel injector fuse or otherwise
- Connect the equipment in accordance with paragraph 2.1; however, the connection of the current clamp is optional
- Call the "Modes => ElPower…" menu and start signal recording
- Crank the engine with a starter for 5…10 seconds
- Stop signal recording
- Call the "Analysis => Execute script" menu. In this case, the conditions necessary for switching the ElPower script to the online version of the algorithm should be provided, which are described in paragraph 3.3
An advanced procedure allows during one measurement to check not only the relative compression in the engine cylinders, but also the entire starting and charging system of the car.
- Stop the engine from starting by switching off the fuse of its control system using the Remote Power Off fuse switch